Sunday, October 14, 2012

On the road again...

First of all, just let me say, WE WON! WE WON WE WON WE WON!!!

That's right, OU absolutely smashed saxet into the ground with a beautiful
score. That silly university was slotted to win, and then proceeded to only get a single first down in the first half...and only 2 points. It was so much fun!

I love all the hype that goes along with this weekend - the endless school pride, hilarious updates, fun signs - it's just so much fun!

But, instead of heading to church and bragging about my win (such is my duty as a sooner in longhorn land) I'm headed back home (Oklahoma) for the day.

You see, it's my precious niece's 5th birthday so my parents, brother, future sister-in-law and I rented a cool white car and are speeding up I35.

Though, I have to say, I am currently a little disappointed. Car trips, for the most part, are endlessly boring. Most often, I try to speed the time along by talking on the phone (my sweet best friend Emily normally gives me about 30mins of her time), jamming to music, or if I'm driving with people I know just generally being silly.

However, this changes a bit with my parents. They don't listen to music in the car and the best way to avoid fighting for them is to not speak - so they don't. This means car trips with them involves sleeping...lots of sleeping.

BUT! When my brother and I are together, we totally build off one another in our silliness. It's completely ridiculous, absolutely hilarious, and beyond fun. Add in his fiancée and it's a party!

So, we've been in the car for an hour now and are crossing over the beautiful red river heralding our entrance into my home away from home and what is my entertainment doing?!

Sleeping.

They are SLEEPING?!?!

Yes. Sleeping.

Granted, it is 8AM, but this is lame.

I can't sleep because I have to stay cute for Kenna's party (and those goobers used up the pillows) so I just get to sit here and watch them sleep.

Not in a creepy Edward stalking way, I promise!

More in the "wake up so you can play with me" 9-year-old mentality that I most definitely have.

So while I wait, I blog. And stare.

Do stares wake people up? They totally should. Except I think it's not working, Jonathan just started snoring...

My sad unentertained self, here's hoping the 3 hour trip later today is more fun

1 comment: