Sunday, July 8, 2012

Is this real life?

When the dean of the college of Sociology handed me my fake bachelor's degree a month and a half ago, I did not expect to be sitting up at midnight creating a new blog. Yes, a new blog. You see, dear readers, I have already started and abandoned two others so I'm hoping that this third one is the charm. Of course, I have a bad habit of starting things like this and never finishing. But, I was able to get the website title I wanted on the first try, so that's definitely a good sign. Right?

Anyways, I didn't think I would be starting a new blog because I though that my fabulous self would already be so involved in a fantastic world-changing new job with so many new great coworkers turned best friends while still having the time to have meaningful conversations will all my old best buds I wouldn't have time to spend my late hours up writing to the world. WRONG.

Well, I do get to talk to my friends but the rest...zilch. Nada. Nothing. I am one of the fortunate nest returners that has moved back in with my parents. I'm wondering how long my willpower will last. I still am lacking the awesome job and instead work at CVS saving up money so that once the fabulous job comes along I can get the beautiful apartment. And since my parent's small suburb seems to skip the18 to 30 aged people, I still have no fabulous new friends. Oh the Places You'll Go huh,  Dr. Seuss? Thanks for that incorrect information.

For now, however, I'm happy to regale you with all the awkward moments of my life as I adjust to being a Sooner girl lost in Longhorn land. Now that I've been deposited in the real world you'll get to hear about my solitary church searching, job hunting, attempts to socialize, (non-existent) love life, fabulous friends I've left behind and any other random mumblings.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment